Workers Compensation Claims
Work injuries don’t just have a physical impact. They can have significant financial and psychological consequences as well.
There may be medical bills and rehabilitation expenses to pay, not to mention the problem of lost income. If you’ve had to take time off work because of your injury, you may be out-of-pocket if your leave entitlements have run out. Worse, if your injury affects your ability to work, you may feel uncertain and concerned about how you are going to survive.
That’s why it’s important to get legal assistance as early as possible if you’ve suffered a workplace injury.
An experienced workers compensation lawyer will ensure that you receive compensation as quickly as possible for time off work, medical expenses and other costs. At Websters Lawyers, we have a team of experienced and respected workers compensation lawyers. In assisting you with your claim, we can help you in a range of ways, for example:
- If your claim is not accepted promptly or if there is unnecessary delay in the payment of any of your entitlements, we can make an application on your behalf to the South Australian Employment Tribunal (SAET).
- If your claim is rejected we can lodge an application for review with SAET and represent you at the initial directions hearing, the compulsory conciliation conference and if necessary, at any hearing.
- If the claims agent isn’t properly compensating you for lost income, we can make an application to have the decision reviewed.
- If the claims agent refuses to pay medical costs, or other costs that are a result of your injury, we can apply to have the decision reviewed.
- If your employer doesn’t provide you with suitable work conditions that accommodate your injury, we can apply to have your employment arrangements reviewed.
- If you receive an offer of a lump sum payment (or a redemption offer) from the claims agent, we can provide you with advice about how it may affect you.
Often, work can cause psychological or psychiatric injuries. They can be caused by a number of things including:
- Inability to cope with a workload that is too demanding.
- The pain and restriction resulting from physical injuries.
You may be able to claim for any time off work, as well as treatment and rehabilitation costs.
Did You Know?
- Even when a work injury doesn’t result in loss of income, many injured workers still have an entitlement to a lump sum payment for permanent disability.
- Many contractors or sub-contractors involved in building work still have a right to claim workers compensation, even though they are not employees.
- If your work injury is the result of the negligence of someone other than your employer or co-workers, or if you were at a labour hire placement, you may be able to claim damages that are far more than any workers compensation payments to which you may be entitled.
To find out more about how we can assist you, or if you are uncertain about whether you can make a claim, contact us to arrange a free, no obligation consultation. At that meeting one of our expert workers compensation lawyers will be able to explain the options available to you.
When you choose a workers compensation lawyer, you need to be absolutely sure that they have the knowledge and skills you require and also the level of service you expect.
Phone 8231 1363 or click here to make an enquiry by email.
For further information, see our Workers Compensation Brochure.
FREE FIRST INTERVIEW
NO WIN NO FEE
LOCAL LAWYERS FOR LOCAL NEEDS
GET THE RIGHT LAWYER FIRST
Having such a short time frame I was very impressed with the outcome made by [my solicitor]. Excellent and timely manner
Very professional mannerism and overall great outcome was delivered by Websters Lawyers.
West Ryde NSW
Helpful, explained fully, patient, excellent service.
Patient and helpful in explaining the process.
Call Websters Lawyers for a most professional and friendly service. All understanding with [my solicitors] and the reception staff. Thank you so much.
Making my will was effortless on my part, with everything explained clearly. Well done to all.
Great service, professional, explains things clearly, definitely recommend Websters Lawyers.
Patient, professional, good communication about procedures and probable outcomes.
Thank you for all your work over the course of the case. You [both] were always very approachable and I appreciated your understanding and professionalism in all areas.
All in all my experience was great. Thank you for your time and expertise.