Public Liability Claims / Personal Injury
- You have to take time off work to recover.
- Your family activities and responsibilities are limited.
- Your hip pocket suffers if you have to pay medical costs and cover your living expenses after time away from work.
- You suffer stress and trauma from the pain of the injury.
Even if you only experience a few of those things, a personal injury can really cost you. That’s why, if you are somehow injured and it wasn’t your fault, it’s a good idea to seek legal advice to find out whether it’s worth taking legal action.
Personal injuries and public liability injuries: What’s the difference?
Personal injuries can include:
Public liability injuries, or slip and fall injuries, are injuries that happen in public places, for example shopping centres or on public land. They are a little different from other personal injuries because there is usually public liability insurance that can make compensation payments on behalf of the land or business owner if a public liability claim is successful.
Some people who have been victims of crime also suffer from personal injuries. This is a special area of law with its own rules and processes. You can read more about it on our Victims of Crime Compensation Claims page.
How to make a claim
Many people are worried about consulting a personal injury lawyer or making a claim. They may worry about:
- What their employer will think.
- If they were a passenger in a car, what the driver of the car will think.
- Whether their claim will affect other things, for example health insurance or life insurance.
- The legal fees for making a claim.
Making a personal injury or public liability claim starts with the right legal advice. Websters Lawyers have a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers who can help. At your free first interview one of our personal injury lawyers will:
- Advise you whether you have a claim.
- The specific area of personal injury law that applies to your case.
- Advise you of all the steps involved in making a claim.
- Make a plan with you for the conduct of your case.
Overlapping legal areas
Sometimes, a personal injury claim can overlap into other legal areas. For example:
- If you are injured at work because of the negligence of someone other than your employer or a workmate, or if you are working under a labour hire arrangement, you might be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
- If you are injured in a car accident during the course of your work, you may be able to make a compulsory third party insurance claim.
Get the right lawyer for the job
Personal injury compensation laws are technical and require specialist understanding. When you’re dealing with your injury, you’re under enough stress without struggling with all the legal issues as well.
Even if you don’t stop work and you aren’t losing income, one of our specialist personal injury lawyers will ensure that your personal injury compensation claim takes into account how the injury will affect your future earning capacity and the many other expenses, for example:
- Medical costs
- Assistance with home duties such as cleaning and gardening
- Travel expenses
- Therapeutic appliances or property renovations.
No matter how you’ve been injured, Websters Lawyers can help you. In many cases we will handle your claim on a No Win No Feebasis. To find out more, contact us to arrange a free, no obligation consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Adelaide, Ridgehaven or Smithfield.
For further information, read our Public Liability and Personal Injury Brochure.
FREE FIRST INTERVIEW
NO WIN NO FEE
LOCAL LAWYERS FOR LOCAL NEEDS
GET THE RIGHT LAWYER FIRST
Having such a short time frame I was very impressed with the outcome made by [my solicitor]. Excellent and timely manner
Very professional mannerism and overall great outcome was delivered by Websters Lawyers.
West Ryde NSW
Helpful, explained fully, patient, excellent service.
Patient and helpful in explaining the process.
Call Websters Lawyers for a most professional and friendly service. All understanding with [my solicitors] and the reception staff. Thank you so much.
Making my will was effortless on my part, with everything explained clearly. Well done to all.
Great service, professional, explains things clearly, definitely recommend Websters Lawyers.
Patient, professional, good communication about procedures and probable outcomes.
Thank you for all your work over the course of the case. You [both] were always very approachable and I appreciated your understanding and professionalism in all areas.
All in all my experience was great. Thank you for your time and expertise.